Friday, December 19, 2014

Guest List Week: Curt's Best of 2014

It's the triumphant return of Guest List Week!  Every day from now until I run out of lists, we'll take a look at 2014 through the eyes of people who are not me.  (My list, if you missed it, is here).  I'm lucky that my friends have such uniformly exquisite taste in music.

Closing out Week One, it's Curt Trnka!  Check out Curt's 2013 list here, or scroll down for all the hits from 2014!





Free albums worth checking out
Keeton Coffman - The Ghost: I'm a huge sucker for Greg Laswell and pianos, Keeton is either acutely aware of this or just doing his own thing. I'm gonna guess it's the former.

The Dirty Guv'nahs - Hearts on Fire: Is this country? Indie? Folk? Not sure. But it's good. Check out "Morning Light" and "Where We Stand" for starters.

Songs from 2014
This song makes me want to dance. That's really saying something. 

One of my favorite songs from the year. I catch myself chair-dancing at work to this all the time. 

There are times when we all think, "I need me some home." 

His voice, the lyrics, and stuff. "What are 'Reasons I like this stuff,' Mr. Trebek."

For whatever it's worth, I think this is an accurate love song. 

Kinda reminds me of Rural Alberta's stuff. That is ALWAYS a good thing. 

When he sings "Old Imperial Grounds" I can't help but think this is some weird sort of Star Wars reference that I don't get. (Kinda like how it took me a second to figure out Eye Emma Jedi...)

Music that found me in 2014
I'm not Irish, but this song makes me wanna drink like I am. 

Of the 126,909 plays of this song on Soundcloud, I must have been about 4,560. 

This is new music, right? That or I now own a Delorean...

"You wanna know what love's about? Give it when you feel nothing." 

This song always makes me feel like I'm in a slow-motion scene in a movie. To me, that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment